Auto Insurance In California
We all know the reason to have auto insurance – because the law requires it and you can’t buy or lease a car without it, right? Actually, there are many more important reasons to insure your vehicle and to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage.
There’s a lot to think about when you’re choosing auto insurance coverage. While it is important to know that your auto can be repaired or replaced after an accident, it’s just as important to know you are adequately covered if you are liable (responsible) for injuring someone or damaging his or her property. Choosing low limits of liability coverage leaves you wide open to serious financial loss and garnishment of future wages.
For example – imagine you accidentally hit a motorcyclist who was in your blind spot as you merged onto the highway, causing serious injuries. Between his medical expenses, pain and suffering, property damage, and his substantial loss of income, there is $1,000,000 in damages – and you are determined to be at fault! If you carry the common liability limits of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident, then your insurance is only responsible for paying $100,000 to the injured motorcyclist. You will be held personally responsible for the $900,000 balance.
Determining Your Auto Insurance Needs
When choosing auto insurance, you want to find optimal coverage for the best price. When you consult with your Breathe Insurance Professional, we can assemble a policy that fits your coverage needs and works with your budget.
Here are some important basic terms to help you understand your coverage.
- Liability Coverage – for damages incurred by others if you cause an accident
- Permissive User Coverage – for coverage when you lend your auto to other individuals
- Physical Damage Protection – for repairing your auto after an accident
- Personal Injury Protection/Medical Coverage – for assistance with medical bills if you or your passengers are injured
- Uninsured/Underinsured Bodily Injury Liability – for damages you are legally entitled to that go above the policy limits of the person who hit you
- Around the Clock Claims Support – for helping you through incidents at any hour
Ask Your Insurance Professional
Your Purely Insurance Solutions Professional will help you find the right auto insurance coverage for your specific needs.
Be Insurance minded. Contact Breathe Insurance today and we’ll shop the top insurance carriers to assemble an auto policy with the right amount of coverage for the price you deserve.
To get started Email Us today or call us at (877) 215-5431.